Software Team Leader
Velocity is a growing startup, for developers - by developers. By using Velocity, local changes made by the developer are being reflected on the remote existing Kubernetes environments, allowing a faster development and debugging experience without complex configurations. All this is done with an exceptional developer experience and ease of use.
We are looking for an experienced Software Team leader with a passion for building developer-friendly solutions and eager to understand and shape how developers work.
As a Software Team Leader at Velocity, you will play a pivotal role in developing products developers love. You will contribute to the core of our offerings across multiple IDEs and cutting-edge technologies. Your work will directly influence the success and growth of Velocity as you’ll solve complex challenges by diving into the internals of these technologies and utilize them for the customer’s needs.
Join our team and be part of a journey that will revolutionize the software development experience while fostering personal and professional growth.
What you will do:
- Lead a strong team – through recruitment, mentoring, and day-to-day management
- Take ownership of designing, building, and advancing technology & architecture
- Build a product that bridges the gap between local development and cloud-native (Kubernetes) environments
- Become a polyglot engineer, writing in multiple languages
- Development of the IDE plugin and core infrastructure for the company's products, solving complex challenges using creative design
- Contribute across all phases of the development lifecycle, enhancing performance, scalability, stability, and tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to rapidly initiate a new codebase and address bugs and features.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies; CI/CD, monitoring and other tooling
- Collaborate with fellow developers in a top-notch technological team and other stakeholders to deliver the best customer-facing products
- Ensure KPIs and metrics are in place for evaluating the usability and necessity of every feature
What you will bring with you:
- 5+ years of backend development experience in Go/Python/Node.js/Ruby/.NET/Java
- At least 2 years of experience in managing engineering teams
- An impeccable problem-solving attitude
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure services, preferably with Kubernetes
- Experience working in a containerized environment in development (Docker), and preferably with K8S and AWS in production.
- Experience with REST APIs, ORM infrastructure, server-side API integration, queues and distributed systems
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work successfully with engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders
Nice to have but not a must:
- B.Sc. in computer science or an equivalent
- Experience with TypeScript and/or Kotlin
- Working with relational and NoSQL databases