Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Velocity is a growing startup, for developers - by developers. By using Velocity, local changes made by the developer are being reflected on the remote existing Kubernetes environments, allowing a faster development and debugging experience without complex configurations. All this is done with an exceptional developer experience and ease of use.
If you’re an experienced and results driven Product Marketing Director with a "get it done" attitude and a deep technical understanding, this is a great time to join us and help us shape and drive our message across the company and beyond.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing product marketing strategies to drive adoption and usage of our product. You'll collaborate with co-workers across Velocity to deeply understand our product and vision for the future and use these insights to craft a developer-focused brand voice that resonates with technical and business buyers alike.
What you will do:
- Conducting competitive and market research to garner insights that help drive go-to-market strategy and product roadmaps
- Defining key segments and personas and creating messaging and position guides targeted towards those personas
- Create product marketing content and collateral such as blogs and white papers
- Organizing and coordinating plans and materials for key events such as developer and industry conferences, webinars, etc.
- Lead field enablement activities
- Working closely with product and sales to create marketing campaigns that speak to our target audience
- Maintaining and building relationships with key members of the developer community
- Deeply understanding our different segments by regularly talking to users, sitting in on sales calls, and diving into metrics
- What you will bring with you:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Marketing Director
- Demonstrated expertise in product marketing and communications
- Experience with and examples of producing great marketing content
- A deep knowledge of the developer/devops community
- Willing and able to juggle multiple tasks, wearing many hats, and organizing various efforts
- An ability to build scalable, cross-functional frameworks that deliver customer value
- Experience collaborating with engineering, product and sales teams